4.02.2014

Freezer Meal Swap with Friends


In March, four of my friends and I decided to start a freezer meal swap, initiated by my friend Kristin. Out of the five of us, three are pregnant. Nope, I'm not one of the three -- no news here on that front! However this will make life easier for all of us.

We swapped our first round of meals in the beginning of March. It was a fun & relaxing couple of hours of girl time. I stopped at Starbucks on my way, and sipped on my Caramel Machiatto while we chatted about life and a little about our meals. I made Healthy Mama BBQ Chicken, and kept one for our family. That day I came home with:

Shepherds Pie
Tomato Basil Bique
Black Bean Taco Soup
& Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili

They were all delicious meals! I actually made the Shepherds Pie that night, because I had nothing else planned. The other meals I spread out, one for each week of March. It was so nice not to think beyond moving the bag from the freezer to the fridge the night before. Besides the Shepherds Pie, they were all crock pot meals, so I was able to dump the bag into the crock pot and go on with my day.  Every meal also provided leftovers for lunches - another thing off my mind for the day. 

For April, we had our swap at Kristin's daughter's 3rd birthday party this past Saturday. This month, I made Paleo Crockpot Meatballs, but I assured all of the girls that once they put them over noodles, and ate the Rosemary Olive Oil Bread from Costco that I also froze, these wouldn't be so Paleo-friendly. Not that there's anything wrong with that! Again, I froze another dozen meatballs and bread for our family, and I came home that night with:

Beef Stew
White Chicken Chili
Stuffed Peppers
& Burritos (the size of my head)

I plan to make the White Chicken Chili for dinner tonight. We'll have plenty of leftovers for when my husband comes back from his business trip. :)

Have you ever done a freezer meal swap with friends or family?

Linking Up To:
I Heart Nap Time - Link Party Palooza #35
DIY Show Off - That DIY Party

No comments:

Post a Comment