9.15.2013

Cheap & Easy Autumn Corn Husk Wreath




Hey ya'll, it's Fall!  Or at least it feels like it around here, and we're loving it! The three boys and I took a trip up north to my husband's uncle's cabin this weekend to check his trail cams, put some corn out, and take a ride on the Ranger. I'm pretty sure with all of the excitement that we officially scared the deer away...

Speaking of corn, a couple weeks ago I stopped at our local farm stand and bought a dozen ears of sweet corn. When it's fresh, it's delicious, and we all love to eat it every night a lot with dinner! I also froze a ton, too. So easy on and off the cob.
source
I had a couple of little helpers to shuck the corn for me, and when we had all of the husks off I let them dry in the sun for a couple of days. I saw a simple wreath in the September issue of Midwest Living, and knew I had to recreate it!
I used a wreath I already had from my Summer mantel. Starting from the bottom and working my way toward the top, I hot glued the husks on to the wreath. I used all of the husks from a dozen for an almost 36" wide wreath! I'm thinking I might add a little something to it - maybe  a couple of fall flowers or a small banner, but I kind of like it how it is. Simple & natural, just like Autumn in the Midwest.
I absolutely love decorating for fall, so I hope to update with more decor around here soon! 

Linking up to:

My wreath was featured!
 Get Your DIY On 

4 comments:

  1. I like the wreath just the way it is. The coloring in it and the length of the husks make it perfect. Trish Butler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trish! I ended up leaving. Maybe next year I'll spruce it up as an upcycle!

      Delete
  2. Love this, Lindsey! The Blog and the Wreath :) You inspire me to start my own (Blog, I mean...I have a wreath) but not sure what direction to go in. This is really great, have fun with it! Can't wait to see what you do next!!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of form did you put the husks on and did you wet the husks first and let them dry?

    ReplyDelete