1.22.2014

Beefin' Up the Built-Ins



In our house we have two fireplaces and a set of built-ins on either side of both fireplaces. We spend a lot of time in our living room, especially after the boys go to sleep, and I've spent a lot of time staring at the built-ins in this room pondering how I can make them a little more substantial.

If you can remember waaaay back in October, I wrote about how I wanted to make some changes to this room. One thing I mentioned was some new doors on the built-ins. They are currently in progress, and I'm excited to share them with you, just as soon as they're finished.
Heritage Panel - DC Door, Cabinetry, Cabinet Door, Shown In Cherry, Ginger
source
This is the door style I'm going with. I was going to go with a simple Shaker style, but decided to add a vertical lattice strip down the middle for a little more character. They'll be painted Benjamin Moore's White Down, and the shelves will get a fresh coat of paint as well. I might add some quarter round at the bottom and crown at the top, only time will tell!

I've put a little pressure on myself to get these puppies done before the weekend. My in-laws are coming down to visit, as well as my brother-in-law and his family. I always have something going, and I'm sure they think I'm crazy (nothing like making assumptions, right?). Hey, at least I'm not painting the entry for the 5th time... literally...

No comments:

Post a Comment